Monday, October 3, 2011

Maybe....


I give you Vanessa's NEAR DEATH experience. Here is what happened as Todd and I recall that fateful July morning. The sibs and spouses who were at mOm and Dad's for the 4th were all cruising in our tubes all nonchalantly. Some of us looked to avoid obstacles. Others looked for their lost blueblockers. And still others looked at the sky (Vanessa, Curt Dawg).

Suddenly, Todd spied a huge tree down the creek that was creating a semi strong whirlpool. He called to the others to avoid, but Vanessa did not hear the warning. At the same time that some of us got stuck in what was 1 inch of water, Vanessa cruised into a branch. And got stuck.

We laughed, but then she started saying she was STUCK. And there were SPIDERS> read-Curt doesn't do SPIDERS. Not even for his wife. And, he was pretty far away. So we all laughed and watched Vanessa in 8 inches of water. Pretty soon she sounded a little more panicked. At this point I was videoing. Then Kyle was wading in towards her because she was really stuck and the spiders "were going to get her". And at some point she said she was drowning and needed a vest. "I guess I really needed my vest, I'm drowning (can be heard on the video)"
Todd laughed. Meanie.
Kyle saved Vanessa with Cole as backup for lifeguarding support, and all was well. BUT because I love Vanessa and this story needs to be recorded- here you have it.

No comments: