Monday, July 18, 2011

July HEAT and Youth Conference Fun

What a LOSER! I started strong, and then BIFFED it. I forgot to stay updated. Boo-HOO. So I present some catch up posts to you!
It has been a hot month. Like, REALLY HOT. As I type the heat index is 113. That's hot. We have done a lot of sprinkler time, and I have been creative about getting the water near the sprinkler so that I can justify watering my garden! My birthson Isaac has an aunt who is an AWESOME motivational speaker. Just a little lady who organizes TIMEOUT for Women!! Love Laurel. She gave the BEST talk I have ever heard for Youth, not a JOKE. Through a very neat set of circumstances, she also knows the Wierdas from our ward, and Kaye and I shared duties in hosting Laurel while she was here. The coolest thing was, Isaac happened to be staying with her for the summer, so I was able to get all the good news! {So many exclamation points, I don't know what to do.} Anyway, she was here for Youth Conference, and I was there for chaperoning, so I got to hear her speak. One of the sisters in our Stake YW organization made Laurel a quilt and had the girls from our stake piece it together. The theme was "We Seek After These Things", and I was asked to present it to her. Such a special treasure, and I know it meant a lot to Laurel.
I am so grateful for the way things turned out in my life. I LOVE having a connection to this special family.

No comments: