Sunday, November 20, 2011

Happy 35th Anniversary to my parents!!

After a busy Sunday, we grabbed an hour to chat on google+ with the fam. Everyone but Curt and Vanessa was in attendance, and we missed them greatly.
I always love the chance to see my family as I talk to them. I get to see what everyone is doing while we talk, and to me it feels way more personal.

Tonight we celebrated my parent's marriage of 35 years. Whoah!! Seems unbelievable, but then again, I hit 34 in a week. I am grateful that in our immediate family, we have two very strong marriages to look to and see their examples. I can't wait to say I have been married as long as my parents have been. We just had our 12th anniversary this year, and have been together for 16 years. That in itself to me is pretty incredible. I only hope that I can be a beacon to my own children like my parents have been for me.

No comments: